Saturday, August 22, 2009

Housing

I live in subsidized housing. Once a year, we have an apartment inspection. Usually, they are simply looking for safety issues, and things that need to be repaired. Yesterday I had an inspection, and when the housing lady came I explained how I recently saw a mouse running down my walkway and into a little hole in the locked shed that houses my electric water heater. So, inspection lady unlocks the shed - and there - are piles of mouse droppings. Since rodents like to nest where it is warm, they made a home out of the shed. I need to find a new place to live, because after talking to my neighbors I learned that the place is infested and has been for a while. Complaints have been made but due to the economic situation, the funding is slow to be approved for exterminators.

I don't know where we're going to move, but we've got to get out of here.

2 comments:

danelle said...

Good to see you blogging again!

sandi said...

I HATE MICE! I would have flipped my ever livin' lid.

Here's praying for you to find new digs ASAP!